Aside from the fact that figures such as Jim Murphy sided with their tory allies during the run up to the Scottish independence referendum, there’s more to Jim Murphy that actually labels him as a tory with very right wing views.
He doesn’t broadcast this of course because the narrative he wishes to create is of a caring politician who looks out for the “little guy”. Well nothing could be further from the truth. Each time this man is seen on TV I just think of him as a bad actor.
Let’s cut to the centre of Jim Murphy.
He’s an advisory council member of a right wing, neo-conservative think tank called the “Henry Jackson Society”. Now that may raise a few eyebrows on its own. What is bothering a lot of Labour activists is that he’s been asked to distance himself from it but as of right now he’s listed on the advisory council members list and has been there for a long time.
You’ll find him nestled under the “Political Members” not far above Douglas Carswell of UKIP.
I could spend the rest of this blog piece citing every facet of the story but as these stories have been told before by journalists then I’ll let them do my talking for me.
1. EVEN BY NEW LABOUR STANDARDS, MURPHY HAS A GRIM RECORD
2. LEADING FIGURES IN LABOUR ASKED TO CUT TIES WITH THE HENRY JACKSON SOCIETY – JIM MURPHY STAYS ON BOARD
3. SCOTTISH LABOUR LEADER URGED TO CUT LINKS WITH RIGHT WING THINK TANK
4. CONCERNS RAISED OVER SCOTTISH LABOUR LEADER JIM MURPHY’S LINKS WITH CONTROVERSIAL HENRY JACKSON SOCIETY
5. JIM MURPHY IS ON THE ADVISORY COUNCIL OF THE RIGHT WING THINK TANK CALLED “THE HENRY JACKSON SOCIETY” – AND THEY REFUSE TO PUBLISH WHO THEIR BENEFACTORS ARE
6. AND JIM MURPHY IS STILL A MEMBER OF THE RIGHT WING “HENRY JACKSON SOCIETY” TODAY
7. JIM MURPHY – TORTURE APOLOGIST
No matter how you stack it, Jim Murphy is not a socialist by any stretch of the imagination. So why is he the Leader of the Scottish branch of Labour?
There are many things asserted in the name of politics that are grey areas…this one isn’t. Jim Murphy is a tory wearing a red rosette. I rest my case.